I found this amazing Lobster and squash recipe on Pinterest, and I had to try it!
I ran off to the grocery store and grabbed the ingredients.
I knew I did not have time to cook a lobster – nor do I like to cook a lobster. I strolled up to the seafood counter and asked the gentleman if they can cook lobster for me – and they do! YES! Ingredients purchased – time to head home and cook!
Problem number one – The grocery store was out of spaghetti squash! so, I improvised and used squash noodles – zucchini, summer squash and butternut squash noodles! I baked them in the oven for just a few minutes – I wanted them to be warm when I added them to the butter!
Next I chopped the garlic, sage, and basil, and sprinkled the sea salt in. I started to melt the butter! This recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of butter, I used that much, but, you could cut it back if butter is a problem for you.
Then I added the chopped ingredients into the butter. I let them sit on low for a few minutes.
This part was hard because it smells so good and you just want to eat – even the lobster was ready to dive in…
I put the squash in the butter and used tongs to make sure it was all coated in the herb butter. After about 2 minutes, I added the lobster, and then let it all swim around for a few minutes.
I picked out my big bowl, and portioned it in half – half for me, half for Steve, and I sat down and loved every last bite of it! I will absolutely make this again, and may find other variations to make for my non seafood eating children!
Here is the original Pin that I found –
and here is the recipe with my food adaptations – You decide which way you love it! Let me know if you try this recipe and what change about it!
Lobster & Squash Noodle
- Squash Noodles – Zucchini, Summer, butternut
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 cups lump lobster meat (I used one lobster)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place squash noodles on baking pan.
- Place in oven and bake for aprox 15 minutes.
- Once the squash is done cooking, place the butter into a skillet over medium heat.
- Wait for it to melt then add the garlic, herbs, and sea salt.
- Once the butter sauce becomes fragrant add the squash noodles to the skillet.
- Toss to coat the squash.
- Finally, add lobster and toss everything to heat through, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Then, remove immediately from heat so you don’t overcook the lobster.
- Place in the individual dishes and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs!
- Last but not least – DEVOUR!